photo courtesy of Bike Radar – mine is covered in mud!
1 YEAR UPDATE
The all black french mountain beast is now 1 year old!
My usual weekend jaunts upto Afan Park have been the best offroad biking I have ever experienced – over the course of a year I have had no mechanical trouble and upgraded only a few items from the stock machine that I purchased online from Merlin Cycles:
- Lock on grips – the stock items are rubbish – recommended upgrade for any offroad bike
- 2.35″ Maxxiss Advantage rear tyres, have tried 2.0″ Larsen TT’s which are great for summer use but useless in the wet
- Layback Thompson Seatpost
- Custom White Vinyl Stencils – used to prevent cable rubbing and chain chaffing
- XT SPDS / WHITE V8 flat pedals
In all a great bike, no trouble and the only gripe I have is that the paint wears off the FOX shocks pretty quick due to cable rub so be warned as you will need to get some black tape on them. I also managed to bend the hanger after crashing a few times, the replacement is around £15 so no real issue there.
The white of the saddle is still white, albeit a little worn but I found that carpet cleaner works well to remove grime from the white leather and stitches – comes up good as new after every wash.